UCLG ASPAC is the largest regional section of United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG), an amalgamation of International Union of Local Authorities (IULA), United Towns Organization (UTO), and World Association of the Major Metropolises (METROPOLIS). UCLG was established on 1 January 2004 and is headquartered in Barcelona, Spain. Following this unification, UCLG ASPAC was established in Taipei on 14 April 2004, as the new entity of IULA ASPAC. UCLG ASPAC is the key knowledge management hub on local government issues in the Asia Pacific region.
UCLG ASPAC’s mission is to promote strong and effective democratic local self-government throughout the region/world by fostering unity and cooperation among members. To ensure the effective political representation of local government to the UN and other international communities. To be the worldwide source of key information on local government, learning, exchange, and capacity building to support democratic local governments and their associations. To promote economic, social, cultural, vocational and environmental development by enhancing the services to the citizens based on good governance. To promote race and gender equality, combating discrimination, promoting decentralized cooperation and international cooperation between local governments and their associations. To promote twinning and partnership between local governments and peoples.
UCLG ASPAC is looking for a qualified candidate to fill in the post of Finance and Administrative Officer under the European Union (EU) project (CSO-LA/2017/386-361) project on Localizing SDGs in Indonesia. The project aims to support the local implementation of the SDGs in Indonesia by strengthening the capacities of Local Governments (LGs) and their associations (LGAs) to plan, implement and monitor the SDGs at the local level.
The project strategies are
- To strengthen the capacity of LGAs to perform their legal and institutional mandate to tackle poverty through application of SDGs indicators in their policies and planning;
- To enhance the LGAs’ institutional and operational capacities in performing their main functions (advocacy, lobby, coordination, technical services, capacity building and knowledge sharing) in raising awareness of the SDGs among their members.
Under the operational supervision of the Project Manager, the Finance and Administrative Office will undertake the following tasks:
- Do daily management of personnel, financial and administrative aspects of the project;
- Administer the donor budget, prepare budget plan and revisions and financial reports in timely manner;
- Coordinate travel arrangements, project procurement, and consultant/expert contracts in accordance with the agreed procedures and policies;
- Manage all correspondence within and outside the project;
- Collect and manage supporting documentations for payment, project expenditures and other operational activities;
- Support the team to prepare annual work and budget plan;
- Support the team to organize Focused Group Discussions (FGDs), training and other capacity building activities;
- Make necessary preparatory arrangement for project team's meetings;
- Maintain and file records, documents and work plans for monitoring of project implementation;
- Assist the team with administrative tasks;
- Any other task assigned by the Project Manager.
- University degree in Accounting, Finance, Management or other related fields.
- Has at least 3 (three) years’ experience in project finance and administration or project grant is required;
- Has experience in working with the government officials at various level particularly related to local development and local governance;
- Has experience in developing and maintaining networks and/or partnership with government and non-government stakeholders and donors at national and local levels.
- Has experience of working for, or in cooperation with, government institutions;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages is required.
- Fluency in written and spoken in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Demonstrates ability in project finance and administrative management; Has strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrates detail orientation, proactive attention to outcomes and expectations, and ability to understand and effectively use information and data; Has working experience in international cooperation development projects especially EU projects;
- Be willing to travel during the project’s implementation when required;
- Has ability to work in a team and individual.
The post will be supervised by the Project Manager who will be supported by Knowledge Management Officer, two (2) Field Officers and SDGs Coordinator.
How to apply
- Please submit the application Letter and CV in English with subject : FAO-EU-Yourname
- Submit to programme2@uclg-aspac..org with copy firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only the qualified candidate will be contacted.
info@telegram group | Jan 23, 2018